Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday September 25, 2011 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY-
1-Letting go is surrendering that which you can't control and honoring that which you can-yourself-
2-Letting go does not mean giving up-
3-Just because you can doesn't mean that you should-
4-Faith is not faith until you do something-
5-Miracles start with a need and faith-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly-
I'VE LEARNED-Be more concerned with your character than your reputation for character is what you are while reputation is what others think you are-
DID YOU KNOW-The fat molecules in goat's milk are five times smaller than those found in cow's milk-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW-
1-What does it mean to "pick up your cross and follow me"?
2-Can we become like Jesus in every way?
3-Does satan still roam the earth today?
4-Does satan have access to every place on earth today?
5-Is satan a beautiful or ugly being?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What criminal did the people of Jerusalem cry out for in a loud voice?
Yesterday's answer-Elijah 1 Kings 19:12
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Romans 15:22-33
Paul's Plan to Visit Rome
22 This is the reason I was stopped many times from coming to you.23 Now I have finished my work here. Since for many years I have wanted to come to you,24 I hope to visit you on my way to Spain. After I enjoy being with you for a while, I hope you can help me on my trip.25 Now I am going to Jerusalem to help God's people.26 The believers in Macedonia and Southern Greece were happy to give their money to help the poor among God's people at Jerusalem.27 They were happy to do this, and really they owe it to them. These who are not Jews have shared in the Jews' spiritual blessings, so they should use their material possessions to help the Jews.28 After I am sure the poor in Jerusalem get the money that has been given for them, I will leave for Spain and stop and visit you.29 I know that when I come to you I will bring Christ's full blessing.

30 Brothers and sisters, I beg you to help me in my work by praying to God for me. Do this because of our Lord Jesus and the love that the Holy Spirit gives us.31 Pray that I will be saved from the nonbelievers in Judea and that this help I bring to Jerusalem will please God's people there.32 Then, if God wants me to, I will come to you with joy, and together you and I will have a time of rest.33 The God who gives peace be with you all. Amen.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying manFather, we are deeply grateful for the inner work of the Holy Spirit in our lives that is changing us from a sinful self-serving people to a holy, compassionate, and generous people. It is Your almighty power released in us that can accomplish such miraculous change for the betterment of here and now and for the Kingdom of heaven as well. As we relate to others may the working power of the Holy Spirit be evident in our attitudes, actions, and ambitions of life. We pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!!




No comments: