Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thursday September 15, 2011 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-I know not what the future holds, but I know who holds the future-
2-The opportunity to do better next time lies just before me-
3-Find the thing you are meant to do and give it your best-
4-Do more of what you want to do, stop doing what you don't want to do and give up worrying about those things over which you have no control-
5-Don't look forward or backward, look up-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Everyone who got where they are had to begin where they were-
I'VE LEARNED-Life is sweeter with chocolate-
DID YOU KNOW-Salt is the only rock that humans can eat-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is waiting on the Lord a time of inactivity?
2-Does being reconciled with someone mean you now have to like them or be friends with them?
3-Can/should we ask God to enable us to do something beyond our own power or ability?
4-Do Christians often try to play the role of the Holy Spirit?
5-How far is the distance between the throne room of Heaven and a stable in Bethlehem?
BIBLE TRIVIA-At what event did a voice from heaven say, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased"?
Yesterday's answer-The witch of Endor 1 Samuel 28:12
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Romans 13:8-14
Loving Others
8 Do not owe people anything, except always owe love to each other, because the person who loves others has obeyed all the law. 9 The law says, "You must not be guilty of adultery. You must not murder anyone. You must not steal. You must not want to take your neighbor's things." All these commands and all others are really only one rule: "Love your neighbor as you love yourself." 10 Love never hurts a neighbor, so loving is obeying all the law.

11 Do this because we live in an important time. It is now time for you to wake up from your sleep, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.12 The "night" is almost finished, and the "day" is almost here. So we should stop doing things that belong to darkness and take up the weapons used for fighting in the light.13 Let us live in a right way, like people who belong to the day. We should not have wild parties or GEt drunk. There should be no sexual sins of any kind, no fighting or jealousy.14 But clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ and forget about satisfying your sinful self.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying manFather, I choose the way of truth, for it is also the way of light, for Jesus Himself said, “I am the Light.” The Word declares that you hate “a lying tongue”. Darkness lurks where deception and falsehood exists and becomes the breeding ground for all sorts of evil. Father, I ask You to shine Your searchlight on the contents of my heart and reveal the motive for my actions. Help me to purge all that dishonors Your name. I invite Your light to dispel the darkness of my soul. Amen.

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING!!!

No comments: