Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday April 15, 2011 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-When you share you always end up with more-
2-We are not what we own-
3-We deserve justice but we desire mercy-
4-Worry is not a suit of armor against problems-
5-You don't pay back kindness, you pass it on-
STRANGE THOUGHT-To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous-
I'VE LEARNED-If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it-
DID YOU KNOW-Earl Dean developed the bottle design for Coca-Cola-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Do we all have temptation weaknesses
2-Does the degree of temptation vary from time to time?
3-Will everyone be tempted?
4-Was Jesus really tempted as we are today?
5-If gluttony is a sin, how can any of us be free from sin
BIBLE TRIVIA-What Egyptian woman found the infant Moses in the river?
Yesterday's answer-Tahpenes
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 1 TIMOTHY 3:1-7
Elders in the Church
1 What I say is true: Anyone wanting to become an overseer desires a good work. 2 An overseer must not give people a reason to criticize him, and he must have only one wife. He must be self-controlled, wise, respected by others, ready to welcome guests, and able to teach. 3 He must not drink too much wine or like to fight, but rather be gentle and peaceable, not loving money.4 He must be a good family leader, having children who cooperate with full respect.5 (If someone does not know how to lead the family, how can that person take care of God's church?)6 But an elder must not be a new believer, or he might be too proud of himself and be judged guilty just as the devil was.7 An elder must also have the respect of people who are not in the church so he will not be criticized by others and caught in the devil's trap.
PRAYER FOR TODAY

I bless you for the day you have made, Mighty Lord God, and pray that I may spend this day rejoicing in your creation. I pray for your Holy Spirit to fill me with the joy of my salvation, so that your light may shine through me into the world, that your honor and glory may be known to all people.

Remind me of your blessings, I pray, with every tribulation I may face, so that I may act with energy, forgiveness and love, ever mindful of the grace You have shown to me. Through Christ I pray,

Amen.
GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD!!!

No comments: