Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday April 11, 2011 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Thanksgiving moves our requests through God's approval-
2-Thanksgiving is the antidote for complaining-
3-People who complain are angry about something-
4-Truly thankful people do not complain-
5-Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have a memory card-
I'VE LEARNED-Life is the art of drawing without an eraser-
DID YOU KNOW-Fanta orange is the third largest selling soft drink in the world-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-When did Jesus know he had supernatural divine powers?
2-Why was Satan ever allowed to be in the Garden of Eden?
3-Did Jesus and/or his disciples ever tithe to the local synagogue?
4-Are the 10 commandments the essence of sin?
5-Is it possible to clearly define "sin"?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What evil prophetess is referred to in Revelation by the name of an Old Testament queen?
Yesterday's answer-Noadiah
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 1 TIMOTHY 1:1-11
Advice to a Young Preacher
1 From Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus, by the command of God our Savior and Christ Jesus our hope.

2 To Timothy, a true child to me because you believe:

Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

Warning Against False Teaching
3 I asked you to stay longer in Ephesus when I went into Macedonia so you could command some people there to stop teaching false things.4 Tell them not to spend their time on stories that are not true and on long lists of names in family histories. These things only bring arguments; they do not help God's work, which is done in faith.5 The purpose of this command is for people to have love, a love that comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a true faith.6 Some people have missed these things and turned to useless talk.7 They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not understand either what they are talking about or what they are sure about.

8 But we know that the law is good if someone uses it lawfully. 9 We also know that the law is not made for good people but for those who are against the law and for those who refuse to follow it. It is for people who are against God and are sinful, who are unholy and ungodly, who kill their fathers and mothers, who murder, 10 who take part in sexual sins, who have sexual relations with people of the same sex, who sell slaves, who tell lies, who speak falsely, and who do anything against the true teaching of God.11 That teaching is part of the Good News of the blessed God that he gave me to tell.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

O Lord God of Israel and God of the nations, you are the only God in heaven above or the earth below. I walk before you with all my heart. I bless your name in the morning when I rise and in the evening when I sleep, and all the day when your creation fills my eye. Bless me to remember you this day; when I see and hear the thousand miracles of your creation, let me see them anew, recalling that you have made them, and no other; that I may live in your presence among the common miracles I take for granted. Through Christ I pray,

Amen.

GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD!!!

No comments: