Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday April 12, 2011 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY-
1-It is true that when God closes a door he opens a window but so often we look so long at the closed door we don't see the window he opened for us-
2-Better to lose count when counting your blessings than to lose your blessings while counting your troubles-
3-We must learn to love before we can truly begin to live-
4-When God forgives you he doesn't want you to live behind the shame of your own actions-
5-Hope is putting faith to work when doubting would be easier-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Pine cones are not a fruit-
I'VE LEARNED-You can pay all your debts except your debt of love-
DID YOU KNOW-Coca-Cola was first served at Jacob's Pharmacy in Atlanta in 1886 for only five cents a glass-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How does temptation relate to sin?
2-Why didn't Jesus define "sin"?
3-Is sin an action, behavior or attitude?
4-How do you know when you have sinned?
5-Are the 10 commandments rigid and heartless?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who was the mother of the Midianites?
Yesterday's answer-Jezebel
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 1 TIMOTHY 1:12-17
Thanks for God's Mercy
12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who gave me strength, because he trusted me and gave me this work of serving him.13 In the past I spoke against Christ and persecuted him and did all kinds of things to hurt him. But God showed me mercy, because I did not know what I was doing. I did not believe.14 But the grace of our Lord was fully given to me, and with that grace came the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

15 What I say is true, and you should fully accept it: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the worst.16 But I was given mercy so that in me, the worst of all sinners, Christ Jesus could show that he has patience without limit. His patience with me made me an example for those who would believe in him and have life forever.17 To the King that rules forever, who will never die, who cannot be seen, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be among the community of all who pray in the name of Christ this morning, and remain among us always.

Amen.
GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD!!!

No comments: