Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday April 21, 2011 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-You are the sum total of your life's experiences-
2-Injustice is only as powerful as your memory of it-
3-Bitterness is more devastating than betrayal-
4-Always be where you are-
5-Without a successor there is not success-
STRANGE THOUGHT-I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it-
I'VE LEARNED-It takes a college degree to fly an airplane but only a high school diploma to fix one-

DID YOU KNOW-Peanuts are cholesterol free-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What does it mean Ishmael was a "wild donkey" of a man?
2-Knowing the trouble Ishmael would cause in future generations, why did God allow him to live?
3-What did Hagar learn form her Abraham experience?
4-Does God ever miss anything?
5-Do we know when God will give us mercy?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What little girl was referred to as "Talitha" by Jesus?
Yesterday's answer-He didn't have a mother-
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 2 TIMOTHY 1:8-18

8 So do not be ashamed to tell people about our Lord Jesus, and do not be ashamed of me, in prison for the Lord. But suffer with me for the Good News. God, who gives us the strength to do that,9 saved us and made us his holy people. That was not because of anything we did ourselves but because of God's purpose and grace. That grace was given to us through Christ Jesus before time began,10 but it is now shown to us by the coming of our Savior Christ Jesus. He destroyed death, and through the Good News he showed us the way to have life that cannot be destroyed.11 I was chosen to tell that Good News and to be an apostle and a teacher.12 I am suffering now because I tell the Good News, but I am not ashamed, because I know Jesus, the One in whom I have believed. And I am sure he is able to protect what he has trusted me with until that day.13 Follow the pattern of true teachings that you heard from me in faith and love, which are in Christ Jesus.14 Protect the truth that you were given; protect it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.

15 You know that everyone in Asia has left me, even Phygelus and Hermogenes. 16 May the Lord show mercy to the family of Onesiphorus, who has often helped me and was not ashamed that I was in prison.17 When he came to Rome, he looked eagerly for me until he found me.18 May the Lord allow him to find mercy from the Lord on that day. You know how many ways he helped me in Ephesus.

PRAYER FOR TODAY---

O GOD of peace, who has taught us that in returning and rest we shall be saved, in quietness and in confidence shall be our strength; By the might of your Spirit lift me, I pray, to your presence, where I may be still and know that you are God; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.

GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD!!!

No comments: