Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thursday April 28, 2011 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Obedience is the only proof of your faith-
2-Silence cannot be misquoted-
3-Prosperity is having enough of God's provision to complete his purpose for your life-
4-Money cannot bring happiness but giving to help others can-
5-Temptation is the presentation of evil-
STRANGE THOUGHT-If you are straddling the fence, doesn't it hurt?
I'VE LEARNED-Fettuccine Alfredo is macaroni and cheese for adults-
DID YOU KNOW-Almonds are a member of the peach family. They are the oldest, most widely cultivated and extensively used nuts in the world-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Could Hagar have been an Egyptian princess?
2-Is there any significance in an "angel" appearing to Hagar two times?
3-Why did God permit slavery in the Old Testament?
4-Was Sarah okaying Abraham having a child with Hagar a common cultural practice?
5-Why would Hagar, Sarah's servant, make fun of Sarah after becoming pregnant?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What was the name of Melchizedek's mother?
Yesterday's answer-The daughter of Sanballat
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 2 TIMOTHY:1-7
Paul Encourages Timothy
1 From Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God. God sent me to tell about the promise of life that is in Christ Jesus.

2 To Timothy, a dear child to me:

Grace, mercy, and peace to you from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

Encouragement for Timothy
3 I thank God as I always mention you in my prayers, day and night. I serve him, doing what I know is right as my ancestors did.4 Remembering that you cried for me, I want very much to see you so I can be filled with joy.5 I remember your true faith. That faith first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice, and I know you now have that same faith.6 This is why I remind you to keep using the gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you. Now let it grow, as a small flame grows into a fire.7 God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid but a spirit of power and love and self-control.
PRAYER FOR TODAY

O GOD, who is the life of mortal men, the light of the faithful, the strength of those who labor, and the repose of the dead; I thank you for the timely blessings of the day, and humbly beg for your merciful protection all this night. Bring me and my loved ones, I beseech you, in safety to the morning hours; through him who died for us and rose again, your Son, our Jesus Christ.

Amen.
GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD!!!

No comments: