Saturday, May 12, 2012

Saturday May 12, 2012 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-The heart of the Christian life is not activity but relationship-
2-The major risk associated with love is rejection-
3-Sin is the rejection of God's love-
4-Take any freedom from love and it ceases to be love-
5-God is always able to accomplish through us anything he invites us to do-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Beating your head against a wall-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Newer doesn't always mean better-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The abbreviation ORD for Chicago's O"Hare Airport comes from the old name Orchard Files-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What does it mean to "turn to God"?
2-Does God love you because you are you or he is who he is?
3-Does success mean God's love?
4-What does it mean to "know" the love of God?
5-How is love "made complete" in the Christian?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What exiled kind of Judah became a friend of the king of Babylon?
Yesterday's answer-Steven   Acts 8:1
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    Matthew 12:22-28
 
22 Then some people brought to Jesus a man who was blind and could not talk, because he had a demon. Jesus healed the man so that he could talk and see.23 All the people were amazed and said, "Perhaps this man is the Son of David!"  24 When the Pharisees heard this, they said, "Jesus uses the power of Beelzebul, the ruler of demons, to force demons out of people."
 25 Jesus knew what the Pharisees were thinking, so he said to them, "Every kingdom that is divided against itself will be destroyed. And any city or family that is divided against itself will not continue. 26 And if Satan forces out himself, then Satan is divided against himself, and his kingdom will not continue.27 You say that I use the power of Beelzebul to force out demons. If that is true, then what power do your people use to force out demons? So they will be your judges. 28 But if I use the power of God's Spirit to force out demons, then the kingdom of God has come to you.


PRAYER FOR TODAY
Here’s a common prayer that expresses faith in God’s plan of salvation.  It’s often called “the sinner’s prayer.”  Believing what this prayer expresses is the main component of being prepared for the coming judgment. I urge you to pray this prayer from your heart today and then begin to live for Jesus.
  “Lord Jesus, I confess that I am a sinner.  I believe that You came to this earth and died on the cross as a substitute for me.  I place my faith in You and what You have done for me.  I receive You into my life and choose this day to follow and serve You.  Thank You for hearing my prayer.” 

LAUGHTER IS GOOD EXERCISE, IT IS LIKE JOGGING ON THE INSIDE!

No comments: