Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Wednesday May 2, 2012 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-God is not interested in your half hearted commitment, partial obedience or the leftovers of your time or money-
2-Where you worship is not as important as why you worship and how much of yourself you offer to God-
3-The church has never been about a group of perfect people-
4-A Christian is either growing or declining in their faith-
5-We all live our lives based on the choices we make-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Flexible people never get bent out of shape-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Three things in life that once gone never come back-time, words, opportunity-
 
DID YOU KNOW-In Calcutta, 79% of the population lives in one room houses-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is a hard struggle good for a weak faith?
2-Does God have to earn your trust?
3-How far does God's love go?
4-Can you influence God's love?
5-Would God address eternal needs and ignore earthly needs?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who did Abraham banish to the desert?
Yesterday's answer-Noah and his family, since everyone else had died     Genesis 7:23
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY     Matthew 10:37-42
37 "Those who love their father or mother more than they love me are not worthy to be my followers. Those who love their son or daughter more than they love me are not worthy to be my followers. 38 Whoever is not willing to carry the cross and follow me is not worthy of me.39 Those who try to hold on to their lives will give up true life. Those who give up their lives for me will hold on to true life.40 Whoever accepts you also accepts me, and whoever accepts me also accepts the One who sent me.41 Whoever meets a prophet and accepts him will receive the reward of a prophet. And whoever accepts a good person because that person is good will receive the reward of a good person. 42 Those who give one of these little ones a cup of cold water because they are my followers will truly get their reward."
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY


Father, often my cynicism limits my prayer of faith.  I find myself expecting You to work in circumstances in the natural human way I work things out.  But then You remind me that You are Omnipotent and You work in supernatural ways to restore broken lives and mend broken hearts.  You do extraordinary things in ordinary lives who’ve plunged into desperate messes of their own making.  I place my loved one in Your hands and ask You to reveal Your immeasurable, not for sale grace to his life, even as You have shown me.  Thank You for grace, God’s riches at Christ’s expense.  Amen.
 
LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!!

No comments: