Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wednesday May 30, thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Truth has a canny way of silencing lies-
2-Falsehood has no redeeming value-
3-God honors integrity-
4-Truth is generally the best vindication against slander-
5-Always stay with the truth-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-No man is ever fully accepted until he has first of all been utterly rejected-
 
I'VE LEARNED-When you reach the end of your rope, you'll find the hem of His garment-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The Great Wall stretches for 4,160 miles across North China-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How do you "practice the presence of God"?
2-How difficult is the process of "knowing God"?
3-Was Jesus' crucifixion any big deal to the Romans?
4-Did any Romans (soldiers or officials) know that Jesus was resurrected?
5-How does a "merciful" person live?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What fiery chariot driver slew the king of Israel and the king of Judah and later had Jezebel murdered, after which he reigned as king in Israel?
Yesterday's answer-Hoshea   2 Kings 15:30
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    Matthew 14:22-36

Jesus Walks on the Water
 22 Immediately Jesus told his followers to get into the boat and go ahead of him across the lake. He stayed there to send the people home.23 After he had sent them away, he went by himself up into the hills to pray. It was late, and Jesus was there alone.24 By this time, the boat was already far away from land. It was being hit by waves, because the wind was blowing against it.
 25 Between three and six o'clock in the morning, Jesus came to them, walking on the water.26 When his followers saw him walking on the water, they were afraid. They said, "It's a ghost!" and cried out in fear.
 27 But Jesus quickly spoke to them, "Have courage! It is I. Do not be afraid."
 28 Peter said, "Lord, if it is really you, then command me to come to you on the water."
 29 Jesus said, "Come."
   And Peter left the boat and walked on the water to Jesus. 30 But when Peter saw the wind and the waves, he became afraid and began to sink. He shouted, "Lord, save me!"
 31 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught Peter. Jesus said, "Your faith is small. Why did you doubt?"
 32 After they got into the boat, the wind became calm.33Then those who were in the boat worshiped Jesus and said, "Truly you are the Son of God!"
 34 When they had crossed the lake, they came to shore at Gennesaret.35 When the people there recognized Jesus, they told people all around there that Jesus had come, and they brought all their sick to him.36 They begged Jesus to let them touch just the edge of his coat, and all who touched it were healed.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, I choose to heed the words of Scripture that caution us not to be a proud people or destruction will fall upon anything that I have built in my own strength for my self-glory.  I want my heart to be filled with godly gratitude instead of a prideful attitude so that it deflects that which is about me and reflects all that is about You.  In the same spirit as John I cry out, “Help me to decrease so that You will increase in my life.” More of Jesus, less of me, I pray.  Amen.


LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!!


No comments: