Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Tuesday May 8, 2012 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Life isn't about finding yourself, it is about finding God-
2-Often opportunity is missed because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work-
3-Self confidence is the first step to great undertakings-
4-A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do-
5-A liar needs a good memory-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Running around in circles-
I'VE LEARNED-Stress is not what happens to us.  It is our response to what happens to us, and response is what we choose-
DID YOU KNOW-There is an airport in Calcutta named Dum Dum Airport-
5 THINGS  I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why did Jesus let Lazarus die only to call him back to life?
2-Does dread of death vanish when you know heaven is your true home?
3-What will people say about you after your death?
4-What does it mean "God has no stepchildren or grandchildren"?
5-Are there only two kinds of people-saved and unsaved?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What land did Moses flee to when he left Egypt?
Yesterday's answer-Absalom   2 Samuel 13:37-38
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY     Matthew 11:25-30

Jesus Offers Rest to People
 25 At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the people who are wise and smart. But you have shown them to those who are like little children. 26 Yes, Father, this is what you really wanted.     27 "My Father has given me all things. No one knows the Son, except the Father. And no one knows the Father, except the Son and those whom the Son chooses to tell.
    28 "Come to me, all of you who are tired and have heavy loads, and I will give you rest. 29 Accept my teachings and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in spirit, and you will find rest for your lives. 30 The burden that I ask you to accept is easy; the load I give you to carry is light."


PRAYER FOR TODAY


Father, I thank You for the insight given to us through Your Holy Scripture that makes us wise unto salvation and brings understanding to our interpretation of Scripture. Keep us on the right path and help us to be careful to reflect and ponder the truths that teach us the right way to live. Amen.


I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-


No comments: