Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thursday May 31, 2012 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Trusting God is not naive presumption-
2-Wisdom must still be applied to a life of faith-
3-Courage is grace under pressure-
4-God doesn't ask for our permission or if something is okay with us-
5-God wants us to trust him especially when we don't understand what is going on-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Love may not make the world go around, but it certainly makes a lot of people dizzy-
 
I'VE LEARNED-How long a minute is depends on which side of the bathroom door you are on-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The Angel Falls in Venezuela are nearly twenty times taller than Niagara Falls-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What is the difference in "mercy" and "grace"?
2-Is it any harder to be cheerful than grumpy?
3-Why does sin anger God?
4-In what ways is our salvation related to our own actions?
5-Do mercy and grace always go together?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Hazael of Syria usurped the throne after he murdered the king, Ben-hadad.  What unusual method did he use for the murder?
Yesterday's answer-Jehu    2  Kings 9
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY     Matthew  15:1-9
Obey God's Law
 1 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem. They asked him,2 "Why don't your followers obey the unwritten laws which have been handed down to us? They don't wash their hands before they eat."
 3 Jesus answered, "And why do you refuse to obey God's command so that you can follow your own teachings? 4God said, 'Honor your father and your mother,'[a] and 'Anyone who says cruel things to his father or mother must be put to death.'[b]5 But you say a person can tell his father or mother, 'I have something I could use to help you, but I have given it to God already.'6 You teach that person not to honor his father or his mother. You rejected what God said for the sake of your own rules. 7You are hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he said about you:
    8 'These people show honor to me with words,
       But their hearts are far from me.
    9 Their worship of me is worthless.
       The things they teach are nothing but human rules.' "— Isaiah 29:13

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, I separate myself from the distracting desires and destructive deeds that pull me into the world where Satan rules with his power of darkness.  In denying myself of former earthbound pleasures I find lasting satisfaction that will guide me all the days of my life and usher me into the eternal kingdom of heaven.  There is absolutely nothing of worth here on earth that equals the gift of salvation through the sacrifice of Your Son.  Amen.


MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE!


No comments: