Saturday, December 08, 2012

Saturday December 8, 20112 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Earthly affliction does not equate to heavenly rejection-
2-After Jesus' resurrection he appeared to the disciples in the upper room and nothing is recorded that he ever said anything to them about their deserting him before his crucifixion-
3-Peter had a bouncing faith.  Jesus called him the rock and later called him satan.  He promised him loyalty and then denied him miserably-
4-Your denial and doubts does not diminish God's love for you-
5-Perfect love drives our fear of judgement-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-I've reached the age where happy hour is a nap-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Run through more fields and gaze at more stars-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The shortest intercontinental commercial flight in the world is from Gibraltar in Europe to Tangier in Africa at a distance of 34 miles and a flight time of twenty minutes-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Would the disciples have heard the "Lord's Prayer" once or many times?
2-When was the phrase "Yours is the Kingdom, the power and the glory forever" added to the "Lord's Prayer"?
3-There is more than one giving of the "Lord's Prayer" in scripture  and are slightly different.  Why the difference?
4-Why did Jesus tell his disciples to be persistent in prayer when God knows what we desire?
5-Does God answer persistent prayer more than a short one time prayer?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What judge from Gilead was called to be a commander against the Ammonites?
Yesterday's answer-Joshua   5:14
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    John 8:25-30
25 They asked, “Then who are you?”
Jesus answered, “I am what I have told you from the beginning. 26 I have many things to say and decide about you. But I tell people only the things I have heard from the One who sent me, and he speaks the truth.”
27 The people did not understand that he was talking to them about the Father. 28 So Jesus said to them, “When you lift up the Son of Man, you will know that I am he. You will know that these things I do are not by my own authority but that I say only what the Father has taught me. 29 The One who sent me is with me. I always do what is pleasing to him, so he has not left me alone.” 30 While Jesus was saying these things, many people believed in him.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, we contend earnestly for the faith once for all entrusted to the saints! The opinions of people are vast and man-centered, but we choose to follow the Scriptures that teach us, Jesus is the only way to the Father, whereby we receive salvation and life forevermore. We seek to avoid evil and walk straight ahead, not going one step off the right path. By Your grace we will be found faithful. Amen.


TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BLESSING. BE A FRIEND. ENCOURAGE SOMEONE. TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND.



No comments: