Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tuesday December 11, 2012 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Prayer is a path where there is none-
2-You can never give your mother as much as she gave you-
3-Let your career bring you pleasure but don't let it become your identity-
4-Worry and fear cannot live in the same space with hope and action-
5-When you stand on faith and take positive action, you evict worry and fear-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-There are two theories to arguing with a woman--neither works-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Be yourself, truthfully-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Gold was the first metal to be discovered-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-How does God encourage his children?
2-Are we ever an answer to someone else's prayers?
3-Does God ever call us and we don't know it?
4-Can a follower of God have fear?
5-Why was Jesus born in Bethlehem since it was not as important as Jerusalem?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who was commander of Solomon's army?
Yesterday's answer-Goliath   1 Samuel 17:48-54
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   John 8:42-47
42 Jesus said to them, “If God were really your Father, you would love me, because I came from God and now I am here. I did not come by my own authority; God sent me.43 You don’t understand what I say, because you cannot accept my teaching. 44 You belong to your father the devil, and you want to do what he wants. He was a murderer from the beginning and was against the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he shows what he is really like, because he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 But because I speak the truth, you don’t believe me. 46 Can any of you prove that I am guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47 The person who belongs to God accepts what God says. But you don’t accept what God says, because you don’t belong to God.”
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, since this pilgrimage on earth is all we’ve known since birth, far too often we consider it a permanent dwelling. But the prophet Isaiah gives us a true perspective of our transient life when he writes, “The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the Word of the Lord endures forever.”  Help us to lift our eyes to the heavens and place our affections on the eternal truths of Your Word. We, as Your redeemed children, desire to be faithful as we walk this pilgrim pathway watching expectantly and longing for Your soon return. Amen.
 
 
 
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-


No comments: