Sunday, December 09, 2012

Sunday December 9, 2012 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-With perfect knowledge of your past and a perfect vision of your future, God loves you perfectly in spite of both-
2-Religion pacifies but never satisfies, for only Jesus can do that-
3-If you live a Godless life you can expect a Godless eternity-
4-Spend a lifetime telling God to leave you alone and he will-
5-No struggle will come our way apart from God's purpose, permission or presence-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Be careful reading the fine print.  There is no way you are going to like it-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Do more hugging and less tugging-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The most powerful earthquake to strike the US occurred in 1811 in New Madrid, Missouri.  The quake shook more than one million square miles and was felt as far as one thousand miles away-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-If we pray long enough will God answer?
2-How does having faith and being persistent relate to each other-
3-Do you have to ask for the Holy Spirit before God gives him to you?
4-Should the Lord's Prayer really be called the Disciples Prayer?
5-Did Joseph and Mary ever have a wedding ceremony?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What irate soldier falsely accused Jeremiah of deserting to the Babylonians and arrested him?
Yesterday's answer-Jephthah   Judges 11:6
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    John 8:31-38

Freedom from Sin

31 So Jesus said to the Jews who believed in him, “If you continue to obey my teaching, you are truly my followers.32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
33 They answered, “We are Abraham’s children, and we have never been anyone’s slaves. So why do you say we will be free?”
34 Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, everyone who lives in sin is a slave to sin. 35 A slave does not stay with a family forever, but a son belongs to the family forever.36 So if the Son makes you free, you will be truly free. 37 I know you are Abraham’s children, but you want to kill me because you don’t accept my teaching. 38 I am telling you what my Father has shown me, but you do what your father has told you.” 

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, though I am sometimes perplexed by that which I don’t understand I have an unshakable confidence in You. Your Word is truth and Your promises never fail. There are many things of which I am uncertain, but I have absolute certainty that I can trust You for everything that concerns me. May obedience be an expression of my unwavering trust and devoted love toward You, my Lord and my God.  Amen.


I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!


No comments: