Thursday, December 06, 2012

Thursday December 6, 2012 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Biblical angels are not heaven's bottled genies-
2-What is bad to a child is not always bad to a parent-
3-Under pressure, your faith life is forced into the open and shows it's true colors-
4-God uses struggles to toughen our spiritual skin-
5-If your actions altered his devotion, then God would not be love-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-There are worse things than getting a call for a wrong number at 4 am.  It could be a right number-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Take more hikes, fly more kites-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The Boeing 737 jet is nicknamed "Fat Albert"-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is it true that "whosoever is not against us is for us"?
2-How does salt lose it's saltiness?
3-Why is there such rejoicing over the one lost sheep that is found than over the 99 that were not lost?
4-Jesus said "if two of you agree about asking God for something, it will be given you by my father in heaven"!  Is this all there is to getting your prayers answered?
5-Jesus said "If 2 or 3 gather in my name, I will be there too".  So, is Jesus present with us or is it now the Holy Spirit?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who was the commander of Abimelech' army?
Yesterday's answer-Joshua   Exodus 17:10
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY  John 8:12-20
12 Later, Jesus talked to the people again, saying, “I am the light of the world. The person who follows me will never live in darkness but will have the light that gives life.”
13 The Pharisees said to Jesus, “When you talk about yourself, you are the only one to say these things are true. We cannot accept what you say.”
14 Jesus answered, “Yes, I am saying these things about myself, but they are true. I know where I came from and where I am going. But you don’t know where I came from or where I am going. 15 You judge by human standards. I am not judging anyone. 16 But when I do judge, I judge truthfully, because I am not alone. The Father who sent me is with me. 17 Your own law says that when two witnesses say the same thing, you must accept what they say. 18 I am one of the witnesses who speaks about myself, and the Father who sent me is the other witness.”
19 They asked, “Where is your father?”
Jesus answered, “You don’t know me or my Father. If you knew me, you would know my Father, too.” 20 Jesus said these things while he was teaching in the Temple, near where the money is kept. But no one arrested him, because the right time for him had not yet come.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manFather, we thank that You include us in Your overall plan to harvest souls into the kingdom of heaven. Open our eyes and burden our hearts as we look at the field of souls ripe for harvest. Show us ways in which we can enlarge our circle of influence as we work cooperatively with fellow believers in the great harvest of souls. What a joy it is to see people come to faith and grow in their Christian walk as we diligently plant seeds of salvation and water them with wisdom from Your Holy Word and through our Christian testimony.  Amen.

MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE!


No comments: