Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Wednesday December 26, 2012 thought for the day



This is just a quick update to the events enfolding at my home. My father died Christmas eve around 10:45pm.  The whole family had spent time with him early in the afternoon where he was in a semi consciousness.  My daughter and family from Virginia arrived around 5:30pm so was able to spend time with him for a couple hours.  We were all able to tell him we loved him and that it was okay to go to his new heavenly home where mother has been waiting for him for the past 3 1/2 years.  His passing was very quick and peaceful with my brother and his wife at his side.  By the time they could call me to come, he had already passed on.  We are saddened at our loss and feel the grief very sharply but we are so glad he has made it safely home.  He stated many times he was ready to go if the Lord would call him home--and so he did.  He was a good man, a good husband, a good father and a good friend!  Here I am 73 years old and this is only the second day  have lived my life without a living father.
The picture I have in my head is that mom and dad have their Dutch wooden shoes on and are clogging on heaven's streets of gold.  That may not be Biblical but it brings peace to my hurting heart.
Thanks to all who have given caring thoughts and also prayed for us-----jasper

PS-I will not be back on until after 1-1-13.  Thank you for your understanding--

No comments: