Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thursday December 13, 2012 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-The Bible's idea of prayer is that we may get to know God-
2-You can be under stress but you don't have to be stressed-
3-When you need to, just say "no!"-
4-Silence is a great spiritual discipline-
5-The benefit received of reading the scriptures is not by how much you read but by the way you read it-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Always drink upstream from the herd-
 
I'VE LEARNED-Value yourself-joyfully-
 
DID YOU KNOW-All the gold produced in the past 500 years, if melted, could be compressed into a fifty foot cube-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-The choices we make are taking us somewhere.  Is it where we want to be?
2-How would it change our lives if we were convinced that God was always with us?
3-Do we really live as though God is always with us?
4-Why did God wait to get Jonah's attention until he was out to sea?
5-What ship takes us away from God today?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What commander led a successful revolt against the ill fated King Zimri?
Yesterday's answer-Joab  2 Samuel 8:16
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   John 8:52-55
52 They said to Jesus, “Now we know that you have a demon in you! Even Abraham and the prophets died. But you say,‘Whoever obeys my teaching will never die.’ 53 Do you think you are greater than our father Abraham, who died? And the prophets died, too. Who do you think you are?”
54 Jesus answered, “If I give honor to myself, that honor is worth nothing. The One who gives me honor is my Father, and you say he is your God. 55 You don’t really know him, but I know him. If I said I did not know him, I would be a liar like you. But I do know him, and I obey what he says.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manIn thanksgiving we lift our voices of praise from grateful hearts, Father. Whether in seasons of prosperity or in seasons of want we find Your grace sufficient to meet each one of our needs. You guide us, protect us, and You provide for us as we journey here below. Every good and perfect gift comes from Your hand. Thank You, faithful Father!  Amen.




MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE!


No comments: