Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tuesday August 20, 2013 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-God  did not completely destroy the world with the great flood but carried out a plan to renew it-
2-"To remember" in the Bible refers not  simply to realize something but to being concerned for or caring for it-
3-The meaning of Noah's name is connected to ideas or rest or bringing relief-
4-There had never been a rainbow prior to the great flood as it had never rained-
5-No matter how difficult it may be to remain faithful, no matter how insignificant your life may sometimes seem, no life is small in God's sight-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Why is it called "after dark" when it really is "after light"?
 
I'VE LEARNED-If you worry you don't pray, if you pray you don't worry-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The owl parrot can't fly and builds its nest under tree roots-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What kind of conversation did Abraham and Isaac have going down the mountain after the canceled human sacrifice?
2-Is the story of Abraham and Isaac one of blind trust?
3-Where is Mount Moriah located which Abraham and Isaac went to?
4-Did Isaac have any siblings at the time God tested Abraham's love and willing obedience?
5-Is there a place for successful, competitive business people in God's plan for his people?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who is supposed to have provided the background information for theGospel of Mark?
Yesterday's answer-John
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    Acts 14:24-28
24 Then they went through Pisidia and came to Pamphylia. 25 When they had preached the message in Perga, they went down to Attalia. 26 And from there they sailed away to Antioch where the believers had put them into God’s care and had sent them out to do this work. Now they had finished.
27 When they arrived in Antioch, Paul and Barnabas gathered the church together. They told the church all about what God had done with them and how God had made it possible for those who were not Jewish to believe. 28 And they stayed there a long time with the followers.

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying man Father, thank You for Your wonderful salvation through Your Son, Jesus Christ. You created in my body a thirst and hunger for physical food just as You created in my soul a hunger and thirst for spiritual food.  My soul thirsts for You, the living God. As I drink from Your living water my soul’s desires are satisfied. I am refreshed as I taste and see that You are good and Your mercies are everlasting and very personal. As I partake of the Living Water and the Bread of Life I am led by Your hand. I am no longer my own, for I have been bought with a tremendous price – Your Son, Your only Son, who gave His life that I might experience forgiveness for sin. Thank You for forgiving me and leading me in the paths of righteousness where I find love, joy and peace forevermore. My heart and my flesh, they may fail, but You are my strength and my portion for ever and ever.  Amen.

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-

No comments: