Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wednesday August 21, 2013 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Time and again throughout his life, God tested Abraham's resolve to obey him, and time and again God reconfirmed his promise to Abraham--a land, a nation and a promise-
2-Faith grows not in the absence of struggles but in the midst of it-
3-Obedience is the key to God's blessing-
4-Though Joseph had every reason to be bitter, there is no indication in scripture that he ever allowed himself to hate those who mistreated him-
5-Friendship knows no bravery like the bravery of a brutal, truthful confrontation-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected-
 
I'VE LEARNED-As a child of God, prayer is like calling home every day-
 
DID YOU KNOW-The horned owl is not horned.  Two tufts of feathers were mistaken for horns-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Is there a place for successful, competitive business people in God's plan for his people?
2-Should a Christian pursue excellence in all they do?
3-How would Isaac consider his near death experience at the hands of his father?
4-Why did Esau's mother have such a dislike for him and favor his brother Jacob?
5-Why didn't Jacob release his father's blessing back to the rightful owner Esau?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who, according to tradition, preached in Phrygia?
Yesterday's answer-Peter
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   Acts 15:1-2
Then some people came to Antioch from Judea and began teaching the non-Jewish believers: “You cannot be saved if you are not circumcised as Moses taught us.” Paul and Barnabas were against this teaching and argued with them about it. So the church decided to send Paul, Barnabas, and some others to Jerusalem where they could talk more about this with the apostles and elders.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY
 Praying man Father, there are many choices I will make today based upon the variables that I cannot foresee. But above all I must deny my own selfish desires, take up my cross daily, and follow Christ. In denying myself I will be careful never to deny Christ nor the work He wants to do in me. I don’t know what my cross will look like today, whether it be in the form of physical pain, ridicule of my faith, rejection from one that I love, a major letdown, or another difficulty that may arise. The wonderful blessing is that I don’t carry my cross in my own strength but You carry it for me as I lean upon You for strength, guidance, endurance and the assurance that today’s cross will soon be exchanged for tomorrow’s crown. Until then I remain faithful through Christ Jesus our Lord in whose name I pray. Amen.
 
LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!!


No comments: