Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday March 10, 2014 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-A life of faithfulness begins with the first step of obedience-
2-God not only wants our complete loyalty, he also deserves it-
3-God's love leaves no room for hatred of anyone-
4-The basis of the Christian life is a love relationship with God-
5-Most of the great men God used had major character flaws-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-English is a crazy language-"How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same?"
 
I'VE LEARNED-We always have the ability to choose two things-our attitude and our behavior-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Each day fishermen kill more than a hundred whales-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-God appeared to Abraham in the form of a human.  Does he do that today?
2-Would Sarah's pregnancy with Isaac be considered super natural or miraculous?
3-Wouldn't it have been normal for Sarah to question God's birth announcement?
4-Since people lived so much longer in early Bible history, did the husband and wife regularly have children beyond what is now considered child bearing years?
5-Is anything too difficult for God?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who asked God the question-"Why is it that thou hast sent me?"
Answer for today   Moses  Exodus 5:22
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   Proverbs 1:8-9
My child, listen to your father’s teaching
    And do not forget your mother’s advice.
Their teaching will be like flowers in your hair
    Or a necklace around your neck.
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY 
Thankful manFather, all the goals and strategies that I set for my life culminate in the blessing of knowing that as I press on I will eventually hear You say to me, “Well done, good and faithful servant. You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary….I will give the right to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.” You grant the eternal prize for remaining steadfast and faithful in my walk on earth. Others in this world may earn titles and win prizes for worthy earthly pursuits, but the greatest prize that I will ever obtain is my entrance into heaven where I will see you face to face. And amazingly it was not because I earned it but because of Your merciful pardon of my sin. May my outlook be bright today as I fix my heart not on what is seen but on that which is unseen. I run toward the finishing line which will only be visible as I cross over to heaven.  I thank You for Jesus who made it possible and it is in His name that I pray. Amen.

GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD!

No comments: