Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday March 17, 2014 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-The Bible is a book of how we as Christians ought to live in a relationship with God-
2-Jesus living in you is the only way you can live a holy life-
3-Godly character results in doing what is right even if we suffer for it-
4-God places us in situations to test our level of faith-
5-Faithfulness to God is always rewarded-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-English is a crazy language-"How can you fill in a form by filing it out"?
 
I'VE LEARNED-Thoughts become attitudes, attitudes become actions, actions become habits.  Therefore, the key to controlling your life is to control your mind-
 
DID YOU KNOW-Ten percent of frequent fliers say they never check their luggage when flying-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did Lot have any other children beside two daughters?
2-How old was Lot when his two daughters gave birth?
3-Abraham was a man of great faith yet he had a weakness of character.  What was it?
4-What was Abraham doing in the area of Gerar where he meets Abimelech?
5-Was Sarah a beauty that so many men wanted her?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who asked the question?  "Shall one man sin and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation?"
Answer for today   Moses and Aaron   Numbers 16:22
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY   Proverbs 11:1-3
 
 
   1               The Lord hates dishonest scales,
               But he is pleased with honest weights.
Pride leads only to shame;
    It is wise to be humble.
Good people will be guided by honesty;
    Dishonesty will destroy those who are not trustworthy.
 
 
PRAYER FOR TODAY

Thankful manFather, You are my light and my salvation so why should I be afraid?  You protect me from danger so why should I be nervous? When evil people seek to destroy me; when my enemies attack me, they will stumble and fall at Your command.  Though a mighty army surrounds me, my heart will be steadfast.  Even if they attack me, I remain confident that You are watching over me.  My heart’s desire is to be in Your presence where I praise You by meditating on Your truths. I find comfort in Your merciful provisions.  In the day of trouble You will keep me safe.  You will hide me in the shelter of Your tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.  Then I will hold my head high, above my enemies who surround me.  Through it all I am confident of this:  I will see the goodness of the Lord.  Help me to wait for You, Lord, to be strong and take heart, as I wait for You. I will see Your mighty hand of provision here on this side or I will view You in all Your majesty on the other side where You reign supreme. Amen.
Prayer inspired from Psalm 27

GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD!


No comments: