Saturday, March 01, 2014

Saturday March 1, 2014 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-When you think right you will live right-
2-Abraham did not know ahead of time what God was going to do, but he had walked long enough with God to know he could trust him -
3-Obedience is to be the Christian's response to a directive from God-
4-It is not what we say to God but what we do that confirms our faith-
5-It is what we chose to withhold from God that speaks the loudest in our journey of faith-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-one goose, 2 geese so one moose, two meese-
 
I'VE LEARNED-The measure of a person's greatness is not the number of their servants but the number of people they serve-
 
DID YOU KNOW-It takes a sloth two weeks to digest the food it eats-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did Noah have grand children as part of his family saved on the ark?
2-Were bugs and insects on the ark?
3-If Noah's family were the only humans on the planet to survive the great flood, where did all the human races and colors come from?
4-Were there animals from all the earth's continents on the ark?
5-Why does the aroma of a burnt offering of sacrificed clean animals smell good to God?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who asked God the question "Shall I go and smite these Philistines?"
Answer for today   David  1 Samuel 23:1-2
 
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY    1 Corinthians 3:18-19
18 Do not fool yourselves. If you think you are wise in this world, you should become a fool so that you can become truly wise, 19 because the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. It is written in the Scriptures, “He catches those who are wise in their own clever traps.”[a]

Footnotes:

  1. 3:19 “He . . . Traps.” Quotation from Job 5:13.
PRAYER FOR TODAY    
Praying man Father, Your Word I have hidden in my heart that I might not sin against You, for it teaches me to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly before You. Even when it brings about hurtful circumstances help me to do the right thing in maintaining and maturing my spiritual nature as I walk in Your truth and speak the truth. May I not be found lacking in integrity but rather be characterized by my integrity as it honors my Father in heaven.  In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

TODAY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. BE A BLESSING. BE A FRIEND. ENCOURAGE SOMEONE. TAKE TIME TO CARE. LET YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HEAL AND NOT WOUND!


No comments: