Sunday, April 19, 2015

Sunday April 19, 2015 thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-You can tell a lot about a person's character by the way they handle money-
2-When we repent of our sins, God promises to forgive us.  He delivers us from sin's eternal consequences although he does not promise to undo all of sin's earthly consequences-
3-Life is short no matter how long you live-
4-Because life is short, do not neglect what is truly important-
5-Often, blessings cannot be received unless we go through the trial of waiting-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT-There is no one alive that is youer than you-
 
I'VE LEARNED-The goal in marriage should be more than friendship. It should be oneness-
 
DID YOU KNOW-When your sink is full, the little hole that lets the water drain, instead of flowing over the side, is called a porcelator-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Can you hold heretical views of Christianity and not be aware of it?
2-How much doctrine does a Christian need to know and understand?
3-Does the sanctification of a Christian sacrament depend on the one who administers it?
4-Why does the Bible refer to God as "he"?
5-Does the Bible contain more stories or more doctrine?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA-What is the proper name for the "son of encouragement"?
Today's answer    Barnabas     Acts 4:36
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY    Mark 15:1-5
Very early in the morning, the leading priests, the elders, the teachers of the law, and all the Jewish council decided what to do with Jesus. They tied him, led him away, and turned him over to Pilate, the governor.
Pilate asked Jesus, “Are you the king of the Jews?”
Jesus answered, “Those are your words.”
The leading priests accused Jesus of many things. So Pilate asked Jesus another question, “You can see that they are accusing you of many things. Aren’t you going to answer?”
But Jesus still said nothing, so Pilate was very surprised.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY 
Praying manFather I will not fear for You have redeemed me and called me by name. You know when I pass through the waters and You have promised to be with me; when I cross through the rivers they will not sweep over me. When I walk through the fire I will not be burned for You walk with me. Though trials may engulf me and tempt me to be paralyzed by fear, I can overcome the enemy of fear just as Jesus overcame the power of death. May the resurrected power of Jesus subside my fears and doubts while building my faith and trust in the Holy One of Israel. Amen.


I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!

No comments: