Sunday, April 23, 2017

Sunday April 23, 2017 thought for the day






THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-Our soul is our mind, will, and emotions-
2-When life doesn't make sense, we are still to chose to praise God-
3-Prayer is not giving God directions or ensuring his plans line up with our desires,  it is ensuring our will lines up with God"s purposes and then asking that his "will be done on earth as it is in heaven"-
4-Jesus came into the world to save us from sin's hold on us and it's consequences, not to condemn us--
5-God wants to forgive all our sins so we can stand in his presence blameless with great joy-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
Chocolate can kill dogs, as it contains theobromine, which affects their heart and nervous system-
 
I'VE LEARNED
Rich and poor are relative terms-
 
DID YOU KNOW
The external tank on the space shuttle is not painted-
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Can you give your way out of debt?
2-How can each religious group claim to have an accurate understanding of truth?
3-What part does baptism play in salvation?
4-Is it possible that Jesus baptized infants and children?
5-Should Christians be the prime example of doing random acts of kindness?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
Who said   "But I will send you Elijah the prophet before that great and terrifying day of the Lord’s judging."
Answer for today    Malachi
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY
Psalm 27:1-3   The Lord is my light and the one who saves me.
    So why should I fear anyone?
The Lord protects my life.
    So why should I be afraid?
Evil people may try to destroy my body.
    My enemies and those who hate me attack me,
But they are overwhelmed and defeated.
If an army surrounds me,
    I will not be afraid.
If war breaks out,
    I will trust the Lord.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY

 
Father, today I recognize and confess my fear as a sinful lack of trust.  Forgive me, and help me walk by faith-
 
I WISH YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART-PEACE IN YOUR SOUL- JOY IN YOUR LIFE-ALWAYS-

No comments: