Friday, February 16, 2018

Friday February 16, 2018 thought for the day






 
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY
1-If the gospel doesn't bring you happiness, then what you believe in is not the gospel-
2-The religion of Jesus is the religion of joy-
3-Anything we desire more than God, anything that preoccupies our thoughts or diverts us away from Him, is an idol-
4-Those who seek happiness in false god's end up sacrificing their integrity, their families, their culture and the very happiness they crave-
5-Every temptation uses false happiness as bait-
 
STRANGE THOUGHT
High heels were originally for men-
 
I'VE LEARNED
To release our hurt we must forgive another.  To release our guilt we must forgive ourselves-
 
DID YOU KNOW
The owl is the only bird to drop its upper eyelid to wink.  All other birds raise their lower eyelids
 
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Where is Paradise?
2-Is the love of money truly the root of all evil?
3-Should Christians have a standard of living up to their financial means?
4-When Jesus refers to forgiving 70x7, was he referring to the same offense constantly repeated?
5-How do we know if an offender sincerely repents when they ask for forgiveness?
 
BIBLE TRIVIA
What destructive creature did the prophet Joel have a vision of?
Answer for today    The locust     Joel 1:1-4
 
SCRIPTURE FOR THE DAY
Jeremiah 3:19     The Lord, said ‘How happy I would be to treat you as my own children
And give you a pleasant land, a land more beautiful than that of any other nation.’
I thought you would call me ‘My Father’ and not turn away from me.
 
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
Father, help me always to set my affections on you, not on earthly idols.  I choose to call you my " Dear Father" and to put you first-
 
I PRAY THAT GOD GIVES YOU STRENGTH IN YOUR STRUGGLE, PEACE IN YOUR PAIN, AND VICTORY IN YOUR VALLEY-

No comments: