Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thursday January 15, 2009 thought for the day

MY BEST FRIEND!!
Here are my thoughts for today-
1-The really fortunate people do not necessarily have the best of everything, but are the ones who make the most of whatever life brings them-
2-People are like stained glass windows-they sparkle and shine when the sun is out but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light within-
3-There is no better exercise for the heart than reaching down and lifting someone up-
4-Character is often determined not by when we do what we must do, but by when we do what is voluntary-
5-Character is tested far more by charity than by obligation-

Strange thought-cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like cleaning the driveway before it has stopped snowing-

I've learned-When you are down to nothing, God is up to something-

5 things I want to know
1-What was the robe like that Jesus wore, was it like all others of his time?
2-How could Jesus's robe be seamless?
3-Did Jesus own anything besides his robe and sandals?
4-How did Jesus obtain his clothing?
5-Would Jesus have hung on the cross naked?

Scripture for today-My son, remember what I say, and treasure my commands. Obey my commands, and you will live. Guard my teachings as you would your own eyes. Remind yourself of them; write them on your heart as if on a tablet. Treat wisdom as a sister, and make understanding your closest friend. Proverbs 7:1-4

I wish you a day filled with love, laughter, forgiveness, and thanksgiving-jasper

No comments: