Saturday, May 16, 2009

Saturday May 16, 2009 thought for the day


BEAUTIFUL RED TULIPS

Here are my thoughts for today
1-Just as one drop of ink clouds a glass of water, sin darkens our souls-
2-Discipline is very important, but it should never be applied in anger-
3-Christian meditation is about filling the mind, not emptying it-
4-The Bible is central to the practice of Christian meditation-
5-The Bible is not an end in itself, but a means to bring men into an intimate and redemptive knowledge of God-

Strange thought-How does light and sound travel over wires or through the air?

I've learned-If you choose friends because you are smarter than they, you will diminish your knowledge, for who will fertilize your growth?

5 things I want to know
1-How much is a Christian to feed the hungry and clothe the naked?
2-Has the fear of God been lost in the love of God?
3-Why did Jesus wait 3 days to feed the 4000?
4-What is the "yeast of the Pharisees"?
5-Why is yeast in scripture a symbol of evil?

Scripture for today Psalms 3
1 Lord, I have many enemies! Many people have turned against me.
2 Many are saying about me, "God won't rescue him."
3 But, Lord, you are my shield, my wonderful God who gives me courage.
4 I will pray to the Lord, and he will answer me from his holy mountain.
5 I can lie down and go to sleep and I will wake up again, because the Lord gives me strength.
6 Thousands of troops may surround me, but I am not afraid.
7 Lord, rise up! My God come save me! You have struck my enemies on the cheek, you have broken the teeth of the wicked.
8 The Lord can save his people. Lord, bless your people!

I wish you a day filled with love, laughter, forgiveness and thanksgiving-jasper




No comments: