Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thursday May 21, 2009 thought for the day


PRETTY FLOWERING TREES

Here are my thoughts for today
1-God never promised us that our journey would be easy but that He would never abandon us in the journey-
2-To love people is simply to hear God call and faithfully join HIm in what He is doing in the world-
3-In the journey with God, there is no final retirement but simply new chapters-
4-It is tragic to be so blinded by the past or the future that we never see God among us in the present-
5-The way to anticipate a hope filled tomorrow is by stepping into life today and living it-

Strange thought-Why do we remember certain things better than others?

5 things I want to know
1-Should we be embarrassed by our material blessings when so many have little or nothing?
2-What responsibility do Christians have toward the destitute in other areas of the world?
3-Has anyone other than Jesus kept the 10 commandments all their life?
4-What does it take for us to be free with our wealth and resources?
5-Will you always receive back more than you give away?

Scripture for today Psalms 7:1-8
1 Lord my God, I trust in you for protection. Save me and rescue me from those who are chasing me.
2 Otherwise, like a lion they will tear me apart. They will rip me to pieces, and no one can save me.
3 Lord, what have I done? Have my hands done something wrong?
4 Have I done wrong to my friend or stolen without reason from my enemy?
5 If I have, let my enemy chase me and capture me. Let him trample me into the dust and bury me in the ground.
6 Lord, rise up in your anger; stand up against my enemies anger. Get up and demand fairness.
7 Gather the nations around you and rule them from above.
8 Lord, judge the people. Lord, defend me because I am right, because I have done no wrong, God Most High.

I wish you a day filled with love, laughter, forgiveness and thanksgiving-jasper




No comments: