Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wednesday May 20, 2009 thought for the day


AN UMBRELLA FOR THE SPRING RAINS

Here are my thoughts for today-
1-Be thankful not only for God's truth but also for his truth givers-
2-Holiness is being molded into Christ likeness-
3-We are warned by God's justice and warmed by His mercy-
4-Isn't it good to know that God's grace is deeper than the depth of our sins-
5-Age doesn't make us wiser if we seek our own way over God's way-

Strange thought-How does our brain store and retrieve memories?

I've learned-A person's actions reflect their character-

5 things I want to know
1-Does the bible teach that we should be concerned about both the soul and body or the soul only?
2-Will the heavens and earth be totally destroyed by a cataclysmic event or by a man made destructive capability?
3-Why doesn't Jesus bless the food today like he did the loaves and fishes and feed the world's hungry?
4-Are all things in the book of Revelations to be taken literally or symbolically?
5-Why did Jesus offer forgiveness of sin to the man with palsy in Capernum when he didn't ask for it?

Scripture for today Psalms 6
1 Lord, don't correct me when you are angry; don't punish me when you are very angry.
2 Lord, have mercy on me because I am weak. Heal me Lord, because my bones ache.
3 I am very upset. Lord, how long will it be?
4 Lord, return and save me; save me because of your kindness.
5 Dead people don't remember you; those in the grave don't praise you.
6 I am tired of crying to you. Every night my bed is wet with tears; my bed is soaked from my crying.
7 My eyes are weak from so much crying; they are weak from crying about my enemies.
8 Get away from me, all you who do evil, because the Lord has heard my crying.
9 The Lord has heard my cry for help; the Lord will answer my prayer.
10 All my enemies will be ashamed and troubled. They will turn and suddenly leave in shame.

I wish you a day filled with love, laughter, forgiveness and thanksgiving-jasper





No comments: