Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday November 17, 2009 thought for the day


A BEAUTIFUL SUNSET

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Excellence always costs just a little more-
2-If you must be blue, be a bright blue-
3-Forgiveness is the most rewarding therapy-
4-When we come to the end we also come to a new beginning-
5-God doesn't promise to explain the events of our lives, only to be present in the midst of them-

STRANGE THOUGHT-Take everything in moderation, including moderation-

I'VE LEARNED-To change your feelings change what you are thinking-

5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Were the Magi familiar with Jewish scriptures?
2-Why did God have men from so far away come to see the Christ Child?
3-Why did the Magi bring such expensive gifts?
4-What would Joseph and Mary have thought about a visit from wealthy visitors and their gifts?
5-Would Mary have had any more children before the Magi came?

BIBLE TRIVIA-Who were the first foreign missionaries?
Yesterday's answer-Saul (1 Samuel 10:1)

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY PSALM 102:1-15
1 Lord, listen to my prayer; let my cry for help come to you.
2 Do not hide from me in my time of trouble. Pay attention to me. When I cry for help, answer me quickly.
3 My life is passing away like smoke, and my bones are burned up with fire.
4 My heart is like grass that has been cut and dried. I forget to eat.
5 Because of my grief, my skin hangs on my bones.
6 I am like a desert owl, like an owl living among the ruins.
7 I lie awake. I am like a lonely bird on a house top.
8 All day long enemies insult me; those who make fun of me use my name as a curse.
9 I eat ashes for food, and my tears fall into my drinks.
10 Because of your great anger, you have picked me up and thrown me away.
11 My days are like a passing shadow; I am like dried grass.
12 But, Lord you rule forever, and your fame goes on and on.
13 You will come and have mercy on Jerusalem, because the time has now come to be kind to her; the right time has come.
14 Your servants love even her stones; they even care about her dust.
15 Nations will fear the name of the Lord, and all the kings on earth will honor you.

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-JASPER



No comments: