Monday, October 03, 2011

Monday October 3, 2011 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-When you are out on a limb, remember that is where the fruit is-
2-When things are dark, remind yourself what you believe and what you know to be true-
3-Replace fear of the seen with faith in the unseen-
4-You'll have your hands full just minding your own business-
5-Refuse to allow yourself to be controlled by the situation-
STRANGE THOUGHT-If you want to make it through life's winter days, you have to carry your own spring with you-
I'VE LEARNED-Even in the best of relationships, people struggle with selfishness-
DID YOU KNOW-The face of a penny can hold thirty drops of water-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Does God ever say to us "shame on you!"?
2-Why doesn't God speak to us audibly?
3-In Job, what does "command of his lips" mean?
4-Why does God permit such terrible evil, especially against the innocent and the righteous?
5-Does God have a "wonderful plan" for everyone's life?
BIBLE TRIVIA-According to Proverbs, what lifts up it voice in the streets?
Yesterday's answer- John 5:25
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 1 Corinthians 1:18-25
Christ Is God's Power and Wisdom
18 The teaching about the cross is foolishness to those who are being lost, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 It is written in the Scriptures:
"I will cause the wise to lose their wisdom;
I will make the wise unable to understand." — Isaiah 29:14

20 Where is the wise person? Where is the educated person? Where is the skilled talker of this world? God has made the wisdom of the world foolish.21 In the wisdom of God the world did not know God through its own wisdom. So God chose to use the message that sounds foolish to save those who believe.22 The Jews ask for miracles, and the Greeks want wisdom. 23 But we preach a crucified Christ. This causes the Jews to stumble and is foolishness to non-Jews. 24 But Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God to those people God has called—Jews and Greeks.25 Even the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying manFather, from the Biblical story of Job’s unequaled sufferings emerges one of the most radiant and hopeful promises that I can apply to my life, “I know that my Redeemer lives!” Though my heart and my flesh may fail, You are my strength and my portion forever. The troubles that seem larger than life itself lose their magnitude in comparison to knowing that in the end I will see You myself with my own eyes. What glorious anticipation fills my heart as Your overcoming spirit leads me through the trials of this day! It is not by my might, nor by my power but by Your Spirit that I find You to be the anchor in the storms that assail me. Amen

I WISH YOU ENOUGH---




No comments: