Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday October 30, 2011 thought for the day-


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-When God is blessing more than ever before, it is time to be careful-
2-Problems in the church always come from within-
3-God honors mutual submission-
4-You cannot correct a relationship with a deceased love one-
5-Never remind your partner of their past-
STRANGE THOUGHT-When the past destroys the present, it is time to change the future-
I'VE LEARNED-God is faithful, not always through providing materially to the degree I've desired, but in teaching what I need to learn through difficult times-
DID YOU KNOW-There are more Barbie dolls in Italy than there are Canadians living in Canada-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did Jesus ever return to the temple to talk to the learned men again?
2-Do you think Jesus debated the temple men or just confounded them with his level of understanding at age 12?
3-Why didn't Jesus start his ministry after the temple experience instead of waiting another 18 years?
4-Was Jesus anymore mature at age 30 than he was at age 12?
5-Is it possible that Jesus had additional temple experiences like the one at age 12?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What learned Greek taught in the synagogue at Ephesus but was himself instructed by Aguila and Priscilla?
Yesterday's answer-Jehoshaphat 2 Chronicles 17:7-9
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 1 Corinthians 9:19-23
19 I am free and belong to no one. But I make myself a slave to all people to win as many as I can.20 To the Jews I became like a Jew to win the Jews. I myself am not ruled by the law. But to those who are ruled by the law I became like a person who is ruled by the law. I did this to win those who are ruled by the law.21 To those who are without the law I became like a person who is without the law. I did this to win those people who are without the law. (But really, I am not without God's law—I am ruled by Christ's law.)22 To those who are weak, I became weak so I could win the weak. I have become all things to all people so I could save some of them in any way possible.23 I do all this because of the Good News and so I can share in its blessings.
PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying manFather, we thank You for the inspiration of Your Holy Spirit that enabled the writers of Scripture to record that which would show us the way to You through Your Son, Jesus. The words of Scripture not only show us the way to salvation but guide us in our life’s journey. May Your Words be impressed upon our hearts as we give regular attention to them through reading and memorizing the Scriptures, participating in Bible Studies, listening to godly leaders expound Your Word, teaching them to our children. We don’t want a casual attitude about Your Holy Word, but rather we want to be earnest students of Your Word contending always for the faith once for all entrusted to the saints. Amen.

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING!!!




No comments: