Saturday, October 29, 2011

Saturday October 29, 2011 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Proud people think they are invincible-
2-Pride and arrogance precedes a fall-
3-There is safety in humility-
4-There is always a price to be paid for moral and ethical failures-
5-Don't be too proud to ask for help-
STRANGE THOUGHT-A clean tie will always attract the soup of the day-
I'VE LEARNED-Failure isn't bad if it doesn't attack the heart, success is okay if it doesn't go to the head-
DID YOU KNOW - Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Could Jesus have said no to God's request for his earthly mission?
2-When do we get our first glimpse in scripture that Jesus knows he is the son of God?
3-When Jesus was a child did he have a life like all the other Jewish boys did?
4-How could Jesus have been missing for 3 days as a twelve year old and his parents not have missed him?
5-What do you suppose Jesus talked about to the learned men of the temple when he was 12?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What king of Judah sent his princes throughout the land to teach the law to the people?
Yesterday's answer - Bezaleel and Aholiab Exodus 35:30-35
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 1 Corinthians 9:15-18
15 But I have not used any of these rights. And I am not writing this now to get anything from you. I would rather die than to have my reason for bragging taken away.16 Telling the Good News does not give me any reason for bragging. Telling the Good News is my duty—something I must do. And how terrible it will be for me if I do not tell the Good News.17 If I preach because it is my own choice, I have a reward. But if I preach and it is not my choice to do so, I am only doing the duty that was given to me.18 So what reward do I get? This is my reward: that when I tell the Good News I can offer it freely. I do not use my full rights in my work of preaching the Good News.
PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying man Father, in the midst of danger and troubles, we find refuge in You, for You are our Fortress and our Deliverer. You are our hiding place when we seek security and safety from the troubles that surround us. We are confident in Your protecting and guiding hand as You carefully watch over us all our days and deliver us from all our troubles. We pray for our persecuted brothers and sisters, as they endure hardships and tribulation, that Your songs of deliverance will bring a calm and peaceful assurance to their weary souls. Your teaching and counsel is our guiding light in this very troubled world. Thank You, faithful and loving Father. Amen.

GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD!!!



No comments: