Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday October 20, 2011 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-In our search for answers we often quit too soon-
2-All of God's delays have a purpose-
3-Pride is the only disease which makes everyone sick except for the one who has it-
4-If you have the wisdom to turn to Jesus, happiness will find you-
5-Worry is a vote of no confidence in God-
STRANGE THOUGHT-People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one-
I'VE LEARNED-Don't spend your health getting wealth and then have to spend your wealth getting health-
DID YOU KNOW-Jeans were named after Genoa, Italy, where the first denim cloth was made-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW-
1-Did Joseph and Mary ever have an official legal wedding?
2-How pregnant was Mary when she went to live with Joseph?
3-Was it customary in Joseph and Mary's time that the girl would just got to the man's home to live without a wedding?
4-Did Joseph need to go to Mary's father's home to ask for permission to have Mary as his wife?
5-Is it possible that Joseph was a widower and had children from his earlier marriage that he and Mary had to raise?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who recognized Peter's voice after he was mysteriously delivered from prison?
Yesterday's answer-Ezekiel 1:24
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 1 Corinthians 6:7-11

7 The fact that you have lawsuits against each other shows that you are already defeated. Why not let yourselves be wronged? Why not let yourselves be cheated?8 But you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do this to other believers!

9-10 Surely you know that the people who do wrong will not inherit God's kingdom. Do not be fooled. Those who sin sexually, worship idols, take part in adultery, those who are male prostitutes, or men who have sexual relations with other men, those who steal, are greedy, get drunk, lie about others, or rob—these people will not inherit God's kingdom.11 In the past, some of you were like that, but you were washed clean. You were made holy, and you were made right with God in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying manFather, Your grace is sufficient to meet all my needs in the midst of trouble, hardship, persecution, famine, nakedness, danger and sword. I am truly more than a conqueror because of Your love for me! I choose to believe Your Word and apply its wondrous truths to my life. I reject Satan’s cunning lies that seek to convince me that I am an exception to Your redemptive power or that my troubles can never be repaired by Your almighty hand. Your power is unbiased, all-reaching, and ever merciful to those who call upon You in times of trouble. I’m so grateful that Your sufficiency exceeds my need. Thank you for salvaging my life by taking my feet from the sinking, miry clay and setting them upon the solid rock to stay. Amen.

WISHING YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!




No comments: