Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Wednesday October 5, 2011 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TOAY
1-Faith is a refusal to panic-
2-God doesn't want stars, he wants servants-
3-When you wait on God with faith and trust, you are worshipping him-
4-We are to wait on God with peace-
5-When we forgive those who have wronged us, we release God's forgiving power to work in us-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Calm evenings often precede stormy nights-
I'VE LEARNED-Excuses are tools of the incompetent used to build monuments to nothing. For those who specialize in them shall never be good at anything else-
DID YOU KNOW-The original fifty cent piece in Australian decimal currency had around $100 worth of silver in it before it was replaced with a less expensive twelve sided coin-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-If we could get a glimpse of God, would we need answers to our questions?
2-Does a Christian have "rights" with God?
3-Is pain and suffering our enemy?
4-What comes to your mind when you think of God?
5-Where can wisdom be found?
BIBLE TRIVIA-According to Jesus, whose voice do the sheep know?
Yesterday's answer-Babylon Revelation 18:23
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 1 Corinthians 2:1-5
The Message of Christ's Death
1 Dear brothers and sisters, when I came to you, I did not come preaching God's secret with fancy words or a show of human wisdom. 2 I decided that while I was with you I would forget about everything except Jesus Christ and his death on the cross.3 So when I came to you, I was weak and fearful and trembling.4 My teaching and preaching were not with words of human wisdom that persuade people but with proof of the power that the Spirit gives.5 This was so that your faith would be in God's power and not in human wisdom.
PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying manFather, my hope is built on Jesus’ blood and righteousness. It is on this solid Rock that I anchor my soul and hold fast until the storms of life are passed. You uphold me by Your Spirit giving me faith that smiles when skies are frowning, faith that is purified by my suffering. Firm and fearless, help me to be as I walk the path designed for me. When thorns at times will pierce me, may my faith be unwavering as I hold to Thee. Amen.

I WISH YOU ENOUGH---




No comments: