Sunday, October 02, 2011

Sunday October 2, 2011 thought for the day-


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-God gives wisdom to stay out of certain people way-
2-No one sins truly alone-
3-A scar is a sure sign or healing-
4-Face the sun and your shadows fall behind you, but turn your back on the sun and your shadows face you-
5-You can't run with satan and walk the promised land-
STRANGE THOUGHT-The worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades-
I'VE LEARNED-Friendship isn't about who you have known the longest, it is about those who came and never left your side-
DID YOU KNOW-The Australian $5,10,20,50 and $100 notes are made of plastic-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-If you are suffering, are you out of God's will?
2-Does God want everyone well?
3-What causes some people to become Christians and some to reject it?
4-Is the person who rejects Christianity a fool?
5-Is it possible for the ultra wealthy to be Godly people?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Which Gospel mentions the dead awakening to the voice of the Son of God?
Yesterday's answer-John Revelations 18:2
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 1 Corinthians 1:10-17
Problems in the Church
10 I beg you, brothers and sisters, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that all of you agree with each other and not be split into groups. I beg that you be completely joined together by having the same kind of thinking and the same purpose. 11 My brothers and sisters, some people from Chloe's family have told me quite plainly that there are quarrels among you.12 This is what I mean: One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another says, "I follow Apollos"; another says, "I follow Peter"; and another says, "I follow Christ."13 Christ has been divided up into different groups! Did Paul die on the cross for you? No! Were you baptized in the name of Paul? No!14 I thank God I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius15 so that now no one can say you were baptized in my name.16 (I also baptized the family of Stephanas, but I do not remember that I baptized anyone else.)17 Christ did not send me to baptize people but to preach the Good News. And he sent me to preach the Good News without using words of human wisdom so that the cross of Christ would not lose its power.
PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying manFather, we lift our cup to You for a fresh filling of Your Holy Spirit that refreshes, invigorates, encourages, convicts and guides us into all truths. We want to be vigilant in our spiritual walk, never sighing at old truths but making them the unchanging foundation on which we build newly understood truths and personal experiences in which You reveal Yourself to us. We will continue to grow up in our salvation as we partake of all that You have provided for our spiritual needs. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

I WISH YOU ENOUGH---




No comments: