Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday December 16, 2011 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Hope is realizing that your destiny is a part of God's power and will for your life-
2-For believers in Jesus there is no sorrow that is not mixed with hope-
3-If you don't live Christianity at home, you are a phoney at church-
4-So often so much of Christianity is nothing but organized deadness-
5-It is not who we believe in but who we serve that matters-
STRANGE THOUGHT-I used to be indecisive but I'm not sure anymore-
I'VE LEARNED-The best ship is friendship-
DID YOU KNOW-Celebrating Christmas was once illegal in England-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Was there no other friends, besides the three recorded, that reached out to Job in his suffering?
2-Does anyone who walks closely with God live happily ever after?
3-Are there experiences too extreme for the hurting to have hope, and valleys too deep for the anguished to find relief or days too dark for the sufferer to see light?
4-Is the pursuit of happiness an adequate goal?
5-What is your "pearl of great price"?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What was the occupation of the man who had his beloved servant healed by Jesus?
Yesterday's answer-Shadrach, Meshach aqns Abednego Daniel 2:49
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 1 Corinthians 16:13-24
13 Be alert. Continue strong in the faith. Have courage, and be strong.14 Do everything in love.

15 You know that the family of Stephanas were the first believers in Southern Greece and that they have given themselves to the service of God's people. I ask you, brothers and sisters,16 to follow the leading of people like these and anyone else who works and serves with them.

17 I am happy that Stephanas, Fortunatus, and Achaicus have come. You are not here, but they have filled your place.18 They have refreshed my spirit and yours. You should recognize the value of people like these.

19 The churches in Asia send greetings to you. Aquila and Priscilla greet you in the Lord, as does the church that meets in their house. 20 All the brothers and sisters here send greetings. Give each other a holy kiss when you meet.

21 I, Paul, am writing this greeting with my own hand.

22 If anyone does not love the Lord, let him be separated from God—lost forever!

Come, O Lord!

23 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with you.

24 My love be with all of you in Christ Jesus.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying manJesus, You are the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. I pledge my allegiance to You and desire to bring You glory, honor and praise through my thoughts, my words and my actions today. “There is none like You” is the melody of my heart today. No one else can touch my heart like You do. I could search through all eternity and find there is none like You! And You are enough! Amen.

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING!!!




No comments: