Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wednesday December 28, 2011 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-If you always do what you always did, then you'll always be what you've always been-
2-God doesn't chastise his children for being children-
3-If life experiences are not used they are wasted-
4-True praise comes from a grateful heart-
5-Faith is believing God will do what he said he would do-
STRANGE THOUGHT-It is far easier to forgive an enemy after you have gotten even with him-
I'VE LEARNED-Before everything else, getting ready is the key to success-
DID YOU KNOW-In Texas, it is illegal to put graffiti on someone else's cow-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Did Jesus have a daily devotional time?
2-Did Jesus read the Hebrew scriptures on a regular basis?
3-Do most people search for the truth or just blindly accept what others tell them?
4-Why do we "laugh together" and "cry alone"?
5-Is anything more important than relationships?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who said to her husband, "Give me children, or else I die"?
Yesterday's answer-Rebekah Genesis 27:13
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 2 Corinthians 3:12-18
12 We have this hope, so we are very bold.13 We are not like Moses, who put a covering over his face so the Israelites would not see it. The glory was disappearing, and Moses did not want them to see it end.14 But their minds were closed, and even today that same covering hides the meaning when they read the old agreement. That covering is taken away only through Christ.15 Even today, when they read the law of Moses, there is a covering over their minds.16 But when a person changes and follows the Lord, that covering is taken away.17 The Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.18 Our faces, then, are not covered. We all show the Lord's glory, and we are being changed to be like him. This change in us brings ever greater glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying man Jesus, I confess to You my need for sensitivity from Your Holy Spirit when I read Scripture. Following the schedule of a yearly reading plan gives me an overall understanding of Your sovereign work in creation and in the lives of individuals as it also instructs me in holy living. But the very personal message that You have for me generally comes from pondering a newly discovered truth or considering a Scripture portion and poring over it throughout my day. It opens avenues of understanding and oneness with You that I miss when I ignore or hurry through my devotions. I want to be purposeful in my Scripture reading and invite the inspiration of Your Word to illumine my path and deepen my faith in You, the Changeless One. Amen.

LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!!




No comments: