Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thursday December 15, 2011 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-No matter how good works are, they are all in vain if not done in love-
2-When you have Jesus and nothing else, and you know he is all you need, then you are free indeed-
3-An attitude of gratitude can make your life a beatitude-
4-Christians should always be seekers-
5-Safety is not the absence of danger but the presence of God-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stones to success-
I'VE LEARNED-The best way out is usually through-
DID YOU KNOW-A Virginia law requires all bathtubs to be kept out in the yard, not inside the house-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why did Job sit on an ash heap and use it to rub his sores?
2-Had Satan taken over the mind of Job's wife or was she just suffering unbearable pain and loss also?
3-Have we been too critical of Job's wife for her verbal criticism of Job?
4-Why is it that hardship seems to strengthen most women yet weaken most men?
5-What was the relationship to Job of the 3 friends that came to see him?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What 3 Hebrew men were appointed Babylonian administrators by Nebuchadnezzar?
Yesterday's answer-Cornelius Acts 10:1-
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 1 Corinthians 16:5-12
5 I plan to go through Macedonia, so I will come to you after I go through there.6 Perhaps I will stay with you for a time or even all winter. Then you can help me on my trip, wherever I go.7 I do not want to see you now just in passing. I hope to stay a longer time with you if the Lord allows it.8 But I will stay at Ephesus until Pentecost,9 because a good opportunity for a great and growing work has been given to me now. And there are many people working against me.

10 If Timothy comes to you, see to it that he has nothing to fear with you, because he is working for the Lord just as I am.11 So none of you should treat Timothy as unimportant, but help him on his trip in peace so that he can come back to me. I am expecting him to come with the brothers.

12 Now about our brother Apollos: I strongly encouraged him to visit you with the other brothers. He did not at all want to come now; he will come when he has the opportunity.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying man Father, like the seven churches in Revelation, we too have strengths and weaknesses, in which we receive Your commendation and need Your correction. We want to be so yielded to Christ that we live for Him and are willing to die for Him. We pray for our brothers and sisters who are currently facing all kinds of torment, suffering, and loss as they stand firm in the faith. We pray that the Good News of Christ is reaching even more due to the persecuted church just as it has throughout the centuries. Those who work the hardest to dispense with the Gospel are now exposed to it through the bold witness of those being imprisoned and persecuted. Bibles, freedom, and personal rights may be withheld, but no ungodly official is able to quench Your Spirit that is very much alive in the hearts of those being persecuted for their faith. The Word of God concealed in their hearts gives them power from on high to overpower the authority of sinful man. Encourage our brothers and sisters as they endure for the sake of Christ. Prompt us by Your Holy Spirit to be faithful in prayer for them, that they will be released from their oppressors, and that their oppressors will come to faith. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING!!!






No comments: