Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thursday December 22, 2011 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-True forgiveness is always unconditional-
2-The longer you carry a grudge, the heavier it gets-
3-What you want to be, act as if-
4-Faith is the answer to fear-
5-To love means to love that which is unlovable or it is no virtue at all-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Fame is only a tail wind-
I'VE LEARNED-Never ignore a gut feeling, but never think it is enough-
DID YOU KNOW-In Hartford Connecticut, it is illegal for a husband to kiss his wife on Sunday-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Instead of speaking out, does the church need to act out the message of Jesus for those who do not understand-
2-How can you be sure you are walking with Jesus?
3-How do you begin a walk with Jesus?
4-How would we live if we saw Jesus standing next to us?
5-If Jesus had been in my shoes today, would he have walked as I did?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What two women witnessed Jesus' tears over their dead brother?
Yesterday's answer-Mary Luke 10:39-42
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 2 Corinthians 2:5-11
5 Someone there among you has caused sadness, not to me, but to all of you. I mean he caused sadness to all in some way. (I do not want to make it sound worse than it really is.)6 The punishment that most of you gave him is enough for him.7 But now you should forgive him and comfort him to keep him from having too much sadness and giving up completely.8 So I beg you to show that you love him.9 I wrote you to test you and to see if you obey in everything.10 If you forgive someone, I also forgive him. And what I have forgiven—if I had anything to forgive—I forgave it for you, as if Christ were with me.11 I did this so that Satan would not win anything from us, because we know very well what Satan's plans are.
PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying man Father of all wisdom, we who are children of the light, do not live as those in darkness. Instead You have shown us right from wrong, truth from error, and You have given us discernment to test the spirits to see that which is from You and that which is from the evil one. The foundations seem to be shaking as we are flooded with a tidal wave of twists and spins that seeks to confuse or demean the believer. We clothe ourselves daily with godly armor, both defensive and offensive weaponry since our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but rather the authorities from this world. Keep our souls untainted by the changing rhetoric and sliding standards from our decadent society as we stand against the spiritual forces of evil like the men of Issachar. Help us to walk boldly in the conviction power of the Holy Spirit today, we pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

I WISH YOU ENOUGH---



No comments: