Monday, December 05, 2011

Monday December 5, 2011 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Obedience can not be postponed-
2-Insufficient resources turned over to God will meet human needs-
3-Christians are to burn their bridges behind them-
4-You are all out for God or you are not out for God at all-
5-The impossible is possible with God-
STRANGE THOUGHT-
There are some things I know that I know, there are some thing I know that I don't know, there are some things I don't know that I don't know-
I'VE LEARNED-The secret of success is----work hard-
DID YOU KNOW-Each of us generates five pounds of garbage a day; most of it is paper-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why did the darkness that covered the earth at Jesus' crucifixion last 3 hours?
2-Beside agonizing pain, did Jesus feel anything else?
3-Why did Jesus say My God, my God why have you forsaken me" and not called him Father?
4-Was Golgatha a "killing field" where other crucifixions had been held before and after Jesus' crucifixion?
5-Would anyone have gone to the tomb of Jesus on Saturday which was the Sabbath?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Which epistle urges believers to be alert, not asleep?
Yesterday's answer-Samuel 1 Samuel 3:2-10
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 1 Corinthians 14:37-40

37 Those who think they are prophets or spiritual persons should understand that what I am writing to you is the Lord's command. 38 Those who ignore this will be ignored by God. 39 So my brothers and sisters, you should truly want to prophesy. But do not stop people from using the gift of speaking in different kinds of languages.40 But let everything be done in a right and orderly way.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying manFather, in our human nature we want the best seat, the first choice, the biggest piece, to be first in line, and on and on it goes. The desire to serve self before serving others is an ongoing battle. Thank you for those who walk in humility, giving preference to others, rather than choosing to please themselves first. They serve as human examples of the attitude Jesus exemplified when He, being in Your very nature did not consider equality with You something to hold onto. Instead Jesus took on the very nature of a servant and became God in the flesh. In His human role He showed us the greatest example of humility as He related to people from day to day and ultimately when He laid down His life for us. We’re thankful for Jesus and His greatest act of humility. It is in His name that we pray. Amen.

GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD!!!




No comments: