Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tuesday December 20, 2011, thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-There is danger in speaking for God when God isn't speaking-
2-Mercy is a miracle of grace-
3-A carnal Christian is one whose self is in control, not the Holy Spirit-
4-For every scar there is a story of pain-
5-What you value most, motivates you-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Today's opportunity is yesterday's dream and tomorrow's memory-
I'VE LEARNED-Give generously and your heart will always be full-
DID YOU KNOW-In Baltimore, it is illegal to wash or scrub a sink, regardless of how dirty it is-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What do you do if someone will not or cannot forgive you?
2-Can God bless you if you are not obedient to him?
3-Can we love God and not love all "brothers and sisters"?
4-Are God's commands to be considered rules and regulations?
5-In Mark 7 Jesus declared all foods "clean". Does this mean all foods are eatable and healthy?
BIBLE TRIVIA-To what woman did Jesus declare. "I am the resurrection and the life"?
Yesterday's answer-Rachel Genesis 30:14
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 2 Corinthians 1:15-24

15 I was so sure of all this that I made plans to visit you first so you could be blessed twice.16 I planned to visit you on my way to Macedonia and again on my way back. I wanted to get help from you for my trip to Judea.17 Do you think that I made these plans without really meaning it? Or maybe you think I make plans as the world does, so that I say yes, yes and at the same time no, no.

18 But since you can believe God, you can believe that what we tell you is never both yes and no. 19 The Son of God, Jesus Christ, that Silas and Timothy and I preached to you, was not yes and no. In Christ it has always been yes.20 The yes to all of God's promises is in Christ, and through Christ we say yes to the glory of God.21 Remember, God is the One who makes you and us strong in Christ. God made us his chosen people.22 He put his mark on us to show that we are his, and he put his Spirit in our hearts to be a guarantee for all he has promised.

23 I tell you this, and I ask God to be my witness that this is true: The reason I did not come back to Corinth was to keep you from being punished or hurt.24 We are not trying to control your faith. You are strong in faith. But we are workers with you for your own joy.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Praying man Father, I am eternally grateful for Jesus who imputed His righteousness in me, just as You imputed my sin into the sinless Lamb of God who poured out His life for me on the cross. Through this merciful and selfless sacrifice of Christ I am justified. Jesus truly paid the price for my salvation and removed the penalty of sin for all who truly repent and believe. Thank You for this gift paid in full by the atoning work of Your Son, Jesus, in whose name I pray. Amen.

I WISH YOU ENOUGH---

No comments: