Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Tuesday December 6, 2011, thought for the day



HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Many people need a faith lift-
2-Loneliness is God's way of letting us know that we need to reach out-
3-The primary cause of loneliness is separation from God-
4-Suffering is not pleasant but it can be a good teacher-
5-A mountain can be a molehill when seen through God's eyes-
STRANGE THOUGHT-You cannot plow a field by turning it over in your mind-
I'VE LEARNED-Kind words echo and echo-
DID YOU KNOW-It will take a plastic container about 50 thousand years to decompose-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why was the stone at Jesus' tomb rolled away and not just vanished or destroyed?
2-For whose benefit was the stone at Jesus' tomb rolled away?
3-Did the stone at Jesus' tomb have to be removed for Jesus to exit?
4-When did Jesus stop being human?
5-Are we sure that Jesus himself with the power of the Holy Spirit didn't open the tomb from the inside?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who was in a deep sleep as the angel Gabriel explained a vision?
Yesterday's answer-1 Thessalonians 5:4-8
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 1 Corinthians 15:1-11
He Good News About Christ
1 Now, brothers and sisters, I want you to remember the Good News I brought to you. You received this Good News and continue strong in it.2 And you are being saved by it if you continue believing what I told you. If you do not, then you believed for nothing.

3 I passed on to you what I received, of which this was most important: that Christ died for our sins, as the Scriptures say;4 that he was buried and was raised to life on the third day as the Scriptures say;5 and that he was seen by Peter and then by the twelve apostles.6 After that, Jesus was seen by more than five hundred of the believers at the same time. Most of them are still living today, but some have died.7 Then he was seen by James and later by all the apostles.8 Last of all he was seen by me—as by a person not born at the normal time.9 All the other apostles are greater than I am. I am not even good enough to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.10 But God's grace has made me what I am, and his grace to me was not wasted. I worked harder than all the other apostles. (But it was not I really; it was God's grace that was with me.)11 So if I preached to you or the other apostles preached to you, we all preach the same thing, and this is what you believed.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, my soul rejoices in the wondrous Gift of Your Son, Jesus, who descended from the sinless atmosphere of heaven and clothed Himself in the garment of humankind. Prior to this marvelous undertaking You spoke to us through the prophets who revealed only a partial and prepatory revelation of the Triune God. But the perfect revelation of who You are is revealed in the Person of Jesus Christ which is made understandable in human terms. For the Son is the radiance of Your glory and the exact representation of Your Being. As we have come to know Jesus, the Son of man, we also know You, Father, because Your character and power are revealed in the life and works of Your Son, Jesus. Thank You for mercifully adopting us as Your children and clothing us in robes of righteousness, for without this clothing, we cannot enter heaven. Amen.

GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD!!!




No comments: