Friday, February 03, 2012

Friday February 3, 2012 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Think big thoughts and enjoy small pleasures-
2-Most people believe in law and order as long as they can lay down the law and give the orders-
3-Don't sip from the fount of knowledge, drink from it-
4-Advice is often headed least when need most-
5-A wise man gets more from his enemies than a fool does from his friends-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Bravery cannot exist without fear-
I'VE LEARNED-Contented people save more and go into debt less-
DID YOU KNOW-In Egypt around 1500 B.C., a shaved head was considered the ultimate in feminine beauty-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Why is there no record of each of the 12 disciples writing something that became one of the books of the Bible?
2-Most or all of the Gospels were written 50 or more years after Jesus' life, so how could they be considered totally accurate, especially the spoken words of Jesus?
3-Why do we know so little about the personal lives of the Gospel writers?
4-Did any of the disciples have any personal interaction with Jesus before he started his ministry?
5-If Judaism had accepted Jesus as the messiah, would gentiles ever have been accepted into it?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who was the first woman to go against Jesus, words "You cannot serve God and mammon"?
Yesterday's answer-Six
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 2 Corinthians 12:1-6
1 I must continue to brag. It will do no good, but I will talk now about visions and revelations from the Lord.2 I know a man in Christ who was taken up to the third heaven fourteen years ago. I do not know whether the man was in his body or out of his body, but God knows.3-4 And I know that this man was taken up to paradise. I don't know if he was in his body or away from his body, but God knows. He heard things he is not able to explain, things that no human is allowed to tell.5 I will brag about a man like that, but I will not brag about myself, except about my weaknesses.6 But if I wanted to brag about myself, I would not be a fool, because I would be telling the truth. But I will not brag about myself. I do not want people to think more of me than what they see me do or hear me say.
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying man Father, as You do awesome works in my life I can’t help but tell of the splendor of Your majesty or proclaim Your great deeds. May my children and my children’s children rise up and call You blessed as they see the effects of Your work in my life. I don’t want to limit the transmission of the gospel to my own blood relations for I want it to spill over to all who are in my sphere of influence. As You give me opportunity to use my gifts and apply my skills, may the work of Your Holy Spirit be seen through me and draw others into a relationship with You. Amen.

LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!!




No comments: