Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wednesday February 29, 2012 thought for the day




HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Holiness is not the way to Christ, Christ is the way to holiness-
2-There is absolutely nothing we can do to make God love us more-
3-Some may see a hopeless end, but as Christians we have an endless hope-
4-It is a great thing to do little things well-
5-God comforts us to make us comforters, not comfortable-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Women and cats will do as they please, men and boys should relax and get used to it-
I'VE LEARNED-As we grow up, we realize it becomes less important to have more fiends and more important to have real ones-
DID YOU KNOW-The Civil War was the first war in which news from the front was published within hours of its occurrence-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-When did Christianity first reach the oriental people?
2-Why did Islam grow so fast in its early years?
3-What is so appealing about Islam to people that it is the fastest growing religion in the world?
4-Does Christianity appeal most to those who have much of the worlds goods or those considered poor?
5-What was "Deism"?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What faithful woman did Elisha warn of a coming famine?
Yesterday's answer-The widow of Zarephath 1 kings 17:16
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Galatians 4:6-7
6 Since you are God's children, God sent the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, and the Spirit cries out, "Father."7 So now you are not a slave; you are God's child, and God will give you the blessing he promised, because you are his child.
PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I thank You for Jesus who entered the Courtroom of Justice with me as I sought favor with You. I went to relinquish my sins but I had no defense or gift to offer in exchange for them. I entered the Courtroom dressed in my very best as I presented to You my righteous acts one by one, but I quickly realized they were seen as filthy, crimson rags. They were like leaves that shrivel up when detached from the vine.

But then Your Son, Jesus, my Advocate, took His robe of righteousness and lovingly placed it over my heavy shoulders. It was at that glorious moment that You looked away from my filthy, crimson rags that Jesus removed and You looked upon my new robe of righteousness. I was able to give You nothing but a heart full of crimson stains but You exchanged it for a surrendered heart that is now white as snow. I am wholly grateful that when You look at me You see Jesus’ righteousness. He paid the full price, He paid it all. I owe Him everything and it will take all my days here and throughout eternity to express my love and gratitude for His incomparable love and sacrifice toward me. Amen.

LIVE SIMPLY! LOVE GENEROUSLY! CARE DEEPLY! SPEAK KINDLY! LEAVE THE REST WITH GOD!!



No comments: