Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday February 12, 2012 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-If you do not learn from your past you are doomed to repeat it-
2-People will be governed by God or ruled by tyrants-
3-I may have done what you said I did, but I am not what you said I am-
4-Too many of us have huge rear view mirrors and only tiny windshields-
5-The size of your vision says a lot about the size of your God-
STRANGE THOUGHT-If athletes get athlete's feet, what do astronauts get?-missile toe?
I'VE LEARNED-People like people who like what they like-
DID YOU KNOW-The Titanic had four engines-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Was the gift of speaking in tongues given at Pentecost just so the Jews at Jerusalem could hear Galileans speak the gospel to them?
2-Did early Christian believers pray in tongues?
3-When was the office of Bishop established by the church?
4-Was it wrong for the first century Christians to believe that Jesus' return was imminent?
5-Why do we not study the person and writings of the early church fathers?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who asked her royal son to surrender his father's concubine to another son?
Yesterday's answer-Naomi Ruth 1:19-21
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Galatians 2:17-21
17 We Jews came to Christ, trying to be made right with God, and it became clear that we are sinners, too. Does this mean that Christ encourages sin? No!18 But I would really be wrong to begin teaching again those things that I gave up.19 It was the law that put me to death, and I died to the law so that I can now live for God.20 I was put to death on the cross with Christ, and I do not live anymore—it is Christ who lives in me. I still live in my body, but I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself to save me.21 By saying these things I am not going against God's grace. Just the opposite, if the law could make us right with God, then Christ's death would be useless.
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father, we pray that You will empower us to live responsible lives so that we can be living examples of what it means to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age. Help us to resist temptations that weaken our resolve to live holy lives by memorizing and quoting Scripture that speaks to that sinful behavior, even while we’re being tempted. We desire to bring joy to Your heart as we live responsibly and cast off that which hinders our spiritual growth. We want to seek first Your Kingdom and Your righteousness so that we will be kingdom servants pursuing righteous living. In the name of Your Son, Jesus, we pray. Amen.

I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH LOVE, LAUGHTER, FORGIVENESS AND THANKSGIVING-




No comments: