Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wednesday February 15, 2012 thought for the day


HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Hold yourself to a higher standard than anyone else expects of you-
2-Admitting you are wrong is saying you are wiser today than you were yesterday-
3-Don't judge those who try and fail, those who fail to try are judged already-
4-Don't count the days, make the days count-
5-Courage is doing what you are afraid to do-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Is it possible to determine the center of the earth?
I'VE LEARNED-Sickness helps you appreciate health-
DID YOU KNOW-During WW II, the Navaho language was used successfully as a code by the United States-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What was Judas Iscariot's motive for betraying Jesus?
2-What does "synoptic gospels" mean and what are they?
3-Why did God chose to reveal himself among the least of men?
4-Why did Jesus chose to reappear after his resurrection first to the women among his followers?
5-Was Jesus' tomb more like a cave than a grave?
BIBLE TRIVIA-What woman, wife of the wicked king Amon, gave birth to the future godly king Josiah?
Yesterday's answer-Lois 2 Timothy 1:5
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Galatians 2:1-5
1 After fourteen years I went to Jerusalem again, this time with Barnabas. I also took Titus with me.2 I went because God showed me I should go. I met with the believers there, and in private I told their leaders the Good News that I preach to the non-Jewish people. I did not want my past work and the work I am now doing to be wasted.3 Titus was with me, but he was not forced to be circumcised, even though he was a Greek.4 We talked about this problem because some false believers had come into our group secretly. They came in like spies to overturn the freedom we have in Christ Jesus. They wanted to make us slaves.5 But we did not give in to those false believers for a minute. We wanted the truth of the Good News to continue for you.
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying man Father, in the midst of our trials may the problem at hand not be the single focus of our prayers. Help us to seek You for godly understanding and patient endurance, so that our lives are spiritually maturing in the process of waiting upon You to answer our prayers. May seeking You be our primary focus in fulfillment of Christ’s command in Matthew 6:33, “Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto You.” In Jesus’ name we pray, Amen.

GREATLY BLESSED, HIGHLY FAVORED, IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD!!!



No comments: