Thursday, February 09, 2012

Thurday February 9, 2012 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-God doesn't have a junior varsity-
2-Your service reflects your worship-
3-Just because you have nice things does not mean you are blessed-
4-A half truth is a whole lie-
5-Break the chain of gossip by not being a link-
STRANGE THOUGHT-When no one seems to measure up it is time to check your yardstick-
I'VE LEARNED-Forgiveness doesn't make you immune to emotions-
DID YOU KNOW-The ruins of Troy are located in Turkey-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-Does God's anger need to be appeased by proper sacrifice?
2-Does Isaiah 53 talk about the coming messiah?
3-Is "freewill" an adequate reason for all the suffering in the world?
4-Why is there suffering in cases where it has nothing to do with "freewill" of anyone?
5-Why does God allow evil people to do horrible things to innocent people and children?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who was probably the carrier of Paul's letter to the Romans?
Yesterday's answer-Priscilla Acts 18:26
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 2 Corinthians 13:1-4
1 I will come to you for the third time. "Every case must be proved by two or three witnesses."2 When I was with you the second time, I gave a warning to those who had sinned. Now I am away from you, and I give a warning to all the others. When I come to you again, I will not be easy with them.3 You want proof that Christ is speaking through me. My proof is that he is not weak among you, but he is powerful.4 It is true that he was weak when he was killed on the cross, but he lives now by God's power. It is true that we are weak in Christ, but for you we will be alive in Christ by God's power.
PRAYER FOR TODAY
Praying manJesus, though Satan’s temptations swirl about me in many forms and in various venues I resist the enemy’s desire to reside in my life. Even as the devil seeks to wrap his noxious tentacles around my heart, I stand firm against him because You, Jesus, are the Protector of my soul, who stands guard at all times. I am grateful for the warning signals often repeated throughout the Bible that teach me about Satan’s strategy. Thank You for Your still, small voice regularly reminding me that I am a child of God purchased by Your life-giving blood. May everything that passes before my eyes and all activities I engage in reflect the light of Your redeeming love within me. It is through Your power that I resist the devil and stand firm in the faith. Amen.

WISHING YOU LOVE IN YOUR HEART.....PEACE IN YOUR SOUL.....AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE.....ALWAYS!!!




No comments: