Thursday, March 01, 2012

Thursday March 1, 2012 thought for the day

HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS FOR TODAY
1-Easing another's heartache is to forget your own-
2-Christians are not to try harder but to trust more-
3-It is not how much we have but how much we enjoy that makes us happy-
4-Contentment is not getting what you want but realizing how much you already have-
5-Nothing is worth more than today-
STRANGE THOUGHT-Without mistakes, how would we know what we have to work on?
I'VE LEARNED-Better to be with no one than to be with the wrong one-
DID YOU KNOW-When John Wilkes Booth leaped on the stage after shooting President Lincoln, he tripped on the American flag-
5 THINGS I WANT TO KNOW
1-What was the "Enlightenment"?
2-What was "Theism"?
3-Why isn't Christianity a unified community?
4-Is every event reported in the Bible historically factual?
5-Is every word in the English Bible literally true?
BIBLE TRIVIA-Who said. "Thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing"?
Yesterday's answer-The woman of Shunem 2 Kings 8:1
SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY Galatians 4:8-11
8 In the past you did not know God. You were slaves to gods that were not real.9 But now you know the true God. Really, it is God who knows you. So why do you turn back to those weak and useless rules you followed before? Do you want to be slaves to those things again?10 You still follow teachings about special days, months, seasons, and years.11 I am afraid for you, that my work for you has been wasted.
PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I thank You for Jesus who entered the Courtroom of Justice with me as I sought favor with You. I went to relinquish my sins but I had no defense or gift to offer in exchange for them. I entered the Courtroom dressed in my very best as I presented to You my righteous acts one by one, but I quickly realized they were seen as filthy, crimson rags. They were like leaves that shrivel up when detached from the vine.

But then Your Son, Jesus, my Advocate, took His robe of righteousness and lovingly placed it over my heavy shoulders. It was at that glorious moment that You looked away from my filthy, crimson rags that Jesus removed and You looked upon my new robe of righteousness. I was able to give You nothing but a heart full of crimson stains but You exchanged it for a surrendered heart that is now white as snow. I am wholly grateful that when You look at me You see Jesus’ righteousness. He paid the full price, He paid it all. I owe Him everything and it will take all my days here and throughout eternity to express my love and gratitude for His incomparable love and sacrifice toward me. Amen.

MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE LOVE TO SHARE, HEALTH TO SPARE AND FRIENDS THAT CARE!




No comments: